"I have over 12 years experience photographing weddings & events of all shapes and sizes. I love taking natural pictures, doing so quietly and with a friendly manner. After it's all over, I'll deliver a timeless record of you with your guests, simply being yourselves.
"Alongside my photography work, I've directed a number of promotional films & award winning shorts.
You can explore film clips & supplementary photography here. If you'd like to get in touch to sound out a creative endeavour, always feel free."
Please feel free to get in touch via email or call
+44(0) 7974 826 013 or +44(0) 207 683 1146
Your message has been sent. I will try to respond very swiftly but please allow up to 48 hours for a reply.
Your message has not been sent. Please try calling Harry on +44(0) 7974 826 013.
Terms of Business
1. Harry Richards, ‘the photographer’, is a sole trader operating from 61a Hartham Road, Islington, London, N7 9JJ.
2. A non refundable deposit will be required to secure bookings when booked more than 2 weeks in advance. The remaining balance is due within 2 weeks of the invoice date. Additional funds may be required in advance if expenses are incurred prior to the booking date.
3. Quotations are valid for the specified booking date only with re-order prices fixed for 6 months after the invoice date. Any re-orders or deviations from a quotation will be subject to a separate commercial agreement.
4. The photographer will endeavour to store all photographs indefinitely but clients are strongly advised to back up their data. Partial or full refunds will only be offered during the first 6 months of the job invoice.
5. Digital files remain the property of the photographer and he will retain copyright and moral rights on work he undertakes without exception. Wedding clients who choose to buy ‘watermark free’ full resolution files may shared at their discretion but not for profit. Event clients may share images for profit. It is for the client to obtain all necessary clearances from relevant third parties and the photographer will withdraw an image licence should a third party make a legitimate request for an image to be removed.
6. Full resolution images equate to 10+ megapixels. It is impossible to record colour and contrast exactly as seen by the human eye. Additional retouching, digital manipulation and creative finishing are available as an optional extra on a job by job quoted basis.
7. The client understands and accepts that the photographic coverage will be as the photographer’s expertise determines and that no one photograph will be deemed more important than another. The photographer will be granted complete artistic licence including in relation to poses photographed and locations used. Due to the vagaries of the weather and the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all images requested. Special requests are not legally binding instruction, although every effort is made to comply with the client’s wishes. All special requests must be included on the photographer’s schedule if they are to be attempted.
8. The client hereby allows the photographer to display any images he photographs both online and in his marketing material although the photographer will endeavour to consult wedding clients about their preferences. Images will not be used by the photographer for other commercial reasons except with the written permission of the client.
9. The due performance of these terms and conditions is subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to any cause beyond their control. Any changes to these conditions must be agreed by both parties in writing. The client may cancel a booking at any time by giving written notice to the photographer but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. On occasions and without notice it may be necessary for the photographer to be substituted by a third party (eg. due to ill health).
10. In the unlikely event of total photographic failure or cancellation of this contract by either party or in any other circumstance the liability of one party to the other shall be limited to the total value of the booking. The photographer carries public liability (£5,000,000) and professional indemnity insurance (£25,000). The client must ensure they have the necessary insurance to cover against any additional costs or risks. Neither party shall be liable for indirect or consequential loss.
11. Any complaints should be raised by the client with the photographer, in writing, within 28 days of first becoming aware of the matter to be complained of and in any event within 28 days of receipt of the reference images. Full resolution files, prints & albums will be released when payment has been settled and cannot be refunded. A replacement will be provided if any digital file, album, frame or print proves to be faulty within 12 months of purchase.
12. Engaging the photographer for work in writing (including email) is on the understanding that these conditions are accepted by the client.
Lyndsey & Stuart, France
"We are so very pleased with the pictures, they really do remind us of the day so very much. They are fantastic!!!! You were fantastic all weekend and we really enjoyed having you part of the celebrations."
Benn & Roxanne, London
"We would just like to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU for all your efforts and energy on the day!! ...and for the lift to the hotel!! :)"
Mandy, Mother of the Groom, Geneva
"God, we love them! You did a BRILLIANT job - the way you catch people just being themselves, not posing, is wonderful."
Emma & Ceri, London
"Thank you so much for your hard work on our wedding day. We love the photographs, they really express all the fun and excitment of the day. At the end of the wedding we expected comments from the guests like 'great food' or 'great venue' but everyone kept saying 'great photographer'! Phrases such as 'he really fitted in' and 'wherever the action was... there was Harry' and 'everyone was so at ease around him and I thought he was one of the guests' were all used, and well deserved!"
John & Emily, London
"Thank you so much for the wonderful job you did on our wedding photos! They are really beautiful, too difficult to choose between!"
Tanya & Nick, London
"Thanks again for being the loveliest photographer, ever!!"
Sally & Dan, Hampshire
"We had a wonderful day and are so please with the photographs you have taken. So many people have mentioned to me how professional and discreet you were on the day.We have so many happy memories, and thanks to you now have it on film, thankfully not too many embarrassing ones!"
Karen & Ed, Surrey
"Thank you so much for our fantastic wedding pictures. The feedback we've been getting so far from friends and relatives is amazing - they're all very impressed!"
Sally, Mother of the Bride, Hampshire
"Thanks a million for the photos - a great reminder of a wonderful day for Miranda & Alex. With photos like yours, the/we will remember it for a long time."
Will & Masami, London
"Thank you so much for the wonderful photos. Magnificent job."
Ian & Jack, London
"We just wanted to drop you a quick note to thank you so much for your work with us yesterday. We're very excited about the photos are going to be like and extened our deepest gratitude for your very relaxed and unobtrusive style with and our guests. We felt very comfortable with you and thank you for making the photographic process so easy and fun."
Henrietta, Mother of the Bride, Dorset
Thanks for the really excellent photographs - we are all completely delighted and you have managed to combine beautiful images with the exact feeling of the day. We are very lucky to have such a record and extremly grateful to you. WELL DONE."
Camilla & Rory, Hampshire
"Thank you! Great pictures and thanks for your swift replies and orders."
Mark & Matt, Somerset
"Many thanks for the fantastic photos. If you need a reference, do let us know!"
Sophie & François, Surrey
"Thank you for coming to the rescue and being such a pleasure to work with. We love our photos - they really capture the essence of our special day. Thank you for your great work and for blending with our guests. We won't hesitate to recommend you to our friends."
Lucie & Tom, London
"The photos are beautiful. They really capture the joyful atmosphere of the day. I'm impressed how many portraits you managed to get given the number of formal group shots. Thank you for doing such a fantastic job."
Kirsty & David, Somerset
"The photos are GREAT!! i'm still going through them all now... Thanks again so much for capturing our special day for us, it really was such a fabulous day, one we'll never forget...now, thanks to you!!"
Rosie & Mike, Dorset
"We absolutely love the photos and so do all who we've shown them to. So full of colour and capturing some key moments i.e. sunglasses in mouth, stealing sweety jar, stealing sweety jar (again!) bridge time and some lovely ones of old friends. My favourite is the one of the marquee at night with the maze lit up in the foreground. Thank you so much."
Julian & Jacqueline, Netherlands
"We did so enjoy you attending our wedding and taking so many beautiful moments of our day. I hope you enjoyed it."
Kitty, Mother of the Groom, Leicestershire
"We have been meaning to thank you for the beautiful photographs you took at Ned and Maria's wedding on 28th June. They couldn't have been better and you were so unobtrusive and sensitive to the occasion. Thank you for a lovely job."
Sarah & Richie, Wiltshire
"You really captured the atmosphere, and we will treasure the photos and memories... You were so adept at being in the right place at the right time, without us even knowing you were there!"
Mel & Tim, London
"Thank you so much for the wonderful photos, we're really pleased with them and can't recommend you highly enough."
Jane & James, Tuscany
"The photos are fantastic - thank you so much!"
Paula & Roland, London
"The photos are brilliant! They captured the day perfectly. The way you handled the guests on the day was great."
Sam & Anna, Wiltshire
"I LOVE the pics! It's like the whole day all over again. You did a fabulous job!"
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are you VAT registered? A. No, therefore my prices are not subject to VAT without prior notice.
Q. When do I pay? A. A £250 deposit is required to secure weddings or events booked more than 2 weeks in advance. A float for significant travel expenses may be requested. Otherwise, the invoice will be issued after your web gallery goes live, at which point your balance is due within 14 days. Prints, discs and albums require payment prior to dispatch.
Q. How do I pay? A. Deposits, day fee, albums and discs can be settled with bank transfers, cash or cheques payable to Harry Richards. Photostore and Queensberry products can be paid for through Paypal as well.
Q. What happens if you are unwell or unable to attend? A. I have photographed nearly 300 weddings and am happy to say that I have a 100% attendance record. Should it become clear that I will be unable to attend, I would make contact with you at the earliest opportunity and, where possible I will introduce comparable photographers.
Q. What equipment do you use? A. Nikon D4 body with a Nikon D3 backup body. Lenses include a 16-35mm f4, 24-70mm f2.8, 80-200mm f2.8 & 50mm f1.4. SB910 & SB900 Speedlight flashguns. I do also have a collapsable background, stands and 2 flash heads with softboxes but this is not typically utilised for wedding photography so will only include with my standard kit when pre-arranged.
Q. Why Nikon? A. In my opinion, Nikon are best for low light photography, crucial for my work. Optically, Nikon are unsurpassed.
Q. Who owns the copyright? A. The photographer always retains copyright but you have a full licence to print and share all unwatermarked full resolution images at your discretion. Where possible, I ask for a credit to Harry Richards Photography and a link to reportography.com. Full resolution images are included as standard for event jobs and are available on the optional datastick for wedding jobs. Lower resolution images will be watermarked and are included on all wedding and event reference gallery within your photostore.
Q. What is my 'Enhanced Selection'? A. I choose and grade your enhanced selection for colour, density and sharpness as standard. I may also do a little photoshop work but I do my best to keep your mastered images natural. I usually edit 100-150 images in a day.
Q. Will I be able to see all my pictures? A. Your 'Enhanced Selection' is presented on your reference gallery within your photostore. Typically this represents 25-40% of the total number of pictures taken. Images may be rejected for technical or creative reasons but many of will still be adequate. All wedding source files will be included should you choose the datastick. You'll appreciate that I cannot be professionally associated with my rejected images and so they won't be available online.
Q. Black & White or Colour? A. This is a personal choice but usually clients chose 25-33% to be mastered in Black & White.
Q. Will you need to visit the Venue? A. As a reportage photographer, I don't need to stage the event. I am flexible and I follow the action wherever it may go. I do offer a venue visit service but I find such requests are very rare.
Q. Will you need to be catered for on the day? A. If I'm to attend for 6+ hours, I'd be grateful for something to eat.
Q. What if we overrun? A. Not usually a problem. I automatically charge by the hour as stipulated in my price list so if you overrun, please be aware of this. I will consult with you before finishing so you will be able to decide if you wish me to stay longer on the day. I may have commitments outside your booked hours so it's worth advising of possible overruns in advance.